Ever since the advent of the RobTroid Christmas Special, I've been thinking about doing a movie. While it's gone through several iterations, and I use the term "movie" loosely, what I'm referring to is a predominately plot driven RobTroid episode. While having it be feature length would be very cool, it would also mean a lot of time and resources devoted to it, including hours upon hours of shooting, not to mention editing. The length I'm thinking of going with this movie will be anywhere between 45-60 minutes.
So, what kind of movie am I thinking of doing? The universe of RobTroid is so vast, yet still unwritten, that the slate is very clean. Do I want to make a raunchy comedy? A cathouse? An art deco experiment? An introspective character study? A science fiction action adventure? Well, the answer is, all of the above.
Granted, having too many elements in one movie comes off as not only confused, but also pompous and self indulgent *coughTERANTINOcough* but with the script still in the very early stages of writing, I have plenty of time to rewrite and revise before I start shooting. It'll probably just be me and whatever friends and family are willing to help out with it.
Right now, I'm thinking something like Bladerunner...
Meets Miami Vice...
Meets Spring Breakers....
Meets Purple Rain...
So, if you're reading this, and are interested in being part of the dream, and are in the Seattle/Bellingham area, drop a comment and I'll get back to you! If not, then your support, as always, is greatly appreciated.

No comments:
Post a Comment